The Microsoft New England Research & Development (NERD) Center
One Memorial Drive, Suite 100
Cambridge, MA 02142
Driving directions to the Microsoft NERD Center Parking Garage from anywhere (including your own address) can be found here on the MS NERD Center's site: http://microsoftcambridge.com/About/Directions/tabid/89/Default.aspx
Using Public Transportation (MBTA):
Take the Red Line to the Kendall/MIT Stop.
For other public transportation including rail or buses, use the MBTA Trip Planner: http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/trip_planner/
From Boston's Logan Airport:
- For driving directions directly to the Microsoft NERD Center, use the link above under Driving and select IV. From the Airport.
- To the Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge at Two Cambridge Center, 50 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 (note there are several Marriott properties in the immediate vicinity including a Residence Inn and a Courtyard):
- For driving instructions to the Boston Marriott Cambridge, see the Marriott Hotel Information link below.
- For public transportation, take the Silver Line to South Station and change to the Red Line... DO NOT exit the . Take the Red Line toward Alewife and exit at the Kendall/MIT stop.
- Taxi fare is estimated at $30.00 - 35.00 (one way). Note: Taxi fares are based on a meter, not the number of people in the party.
- The Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge in Kendall Square does NOT provide shuttle service. However, Day and Knight Transportation, Inc. (http://www.dayandknighttransportation.com) runs a shuttle between between Logan airport and several Cambridge hotels. For reservation or general inquiry, call 617-771-2497or 877-289-8339. The shuttle runs roughly every half hour and the fare is $20 per person.
Walking from the Kendall/MIT MBTA stop or the Boston Marriott Hotel:
This Google map shows detail of the surrounding area: http://tinyurl.com/Marriott2NERD
1. From the Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge:
a. Exit the Hotel on the Plaza/Main St side facing the Kendall/MIT stop and turn left onto Main St.
- OR -
b. Exit the Marriott on the Broadway side, turn right and walk southeast on Broadway to Main St.
2. Continue east on Main St toward the Longfellow Bridge past the Post Office and Bank of America.
3. The Microsoft NERD Center Parking Garage is on your right before Memorial Drive and the Longfellow Bridge.
4. Turn right and enter the building from the side.
The walk is approximately a 5 minute walk (0.2 miles).
If you must drive, consider parking at the Microsoft NERD Center parking lot, other nearby parking lots, or park at a lot outside of the city at MBTA stops and take public transportation. Google “parking near Kendall/MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142” for alternative parking facilities.
Metered street parking is not recommended. You are only allowed to park up to the maximum time that is posted, whether or not you deposit additional money (http://www2.cambridgema.gov/traffic/parkingmeters.cfm).
Parking is usually available at the Microsoft NERD Center. Parking fees at are as follows:
- Weekdays before 4PM it's a flat rate of $27.
- After 4PM on weekdays and all day on weekends it's a flat rate of $10.
City Municipal Parking information can be found at:
Marriott Hotel Information:
The conference rate for the Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge has been sold out.
The hotel is located at Two Cambridge Center, 50 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 adjacent to the Kendall Square MBTA.
Contact the hotel locally at 617-494-6600 or on the web at https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/boscb-boston-marriott-cambridge.
On-site parking is available for guests, fee: $8 hourly and $23 daily.